My Short Story “Flannel Shirt” is Nominated for the Pushcart Prize
My short story “Flannel Shirt,” which was published in the journal Recovering the Self (Vol II, no. 3) this summer has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize (www.pushcartprize.com). You can read an excerpt from the story in one of my earlier blog posts https://tylerrtichelaar.wordpress.com/2010/07/11/flannel-shirt-published-in-recovering-the-self/.
Loving Healing Press Announces Pushcart Nominees
Michigan, November 18, 2010 – Loving Healing Press is glad to announce the names of six writings that have been nominated by the press for the next Pushcart Prize. The list of the writings along with their writers and publications follows as:
1. “Tattooed Daisy” by Christine Bruness – Recovering the Self (Volume II, No 1)
2. “Doorway to My Heritage” by Margaret Placentra Johnston – Recovering the Self (Volume II, No 2)
3. “Flannel Shirt” by Tyler R. Tichelaar – Recovering the Self (Volume II, No. 3)
4. “Whistle” by Telaina Eriksen – Recovering the Self (Volume II, No. 4)
5. “Being the Lost Woman” by Barbara Sinor – Tales of Addiction and Inspiration for Recovery
6. Kaleidoscope: An Asian Journey of Colors by Sweta Srivastava Virkram (for Best Poetry Chapbook)
“We’re very proud to put forward these nominees to one of the oldest and most prestigious awards for small presses,” says Victor Volkman, Senior Editor at the Loving Healing Press.
Congrats to the nominees and thanks to everyone who made our work at Loving Healing Press so fulfilling and rewarding.
For queries and subscription information, write to email@example.com.
Loving Healing Press
5145 Pontiac Trail
Ann Arbor, MI 48105-9627